Peach Pecan Coffee Cake
Peaches are amazing. Cake is delicious. Coffee is necessary. So this peach coffee cake is an amazingly delicious necessity!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour
Yield: 12 servings
For the streusel:
- ½ cup pecans finely chopped
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
For the Cake:
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1¼ cups granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1¼ cups sour cream
- 4 large peaches peeled, pitted and sliced
For the Streusel
- Using a medium bowl, add pecans, brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; stir until well combined.
- Add the melted butter; stir until well combined.
- Add the flour; stir until well combined. Set Streusel aside.
For the Cake
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour (or spray with nonstick spray) a 9”x13” baking pan. Set pan aside.
- In medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt until well combined; set mixture aside.
- Using a countertop mixer, cream together the sugars and butter until light and fluffy (~2-3 minutes on medium speed).
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition.
- Add vanilla, lemon juice and sour cream; mix on low speed until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients to the bowl and mix on low until just combined.
- Pour half of the batter into greased pan. Sprinkle half of the Streusel and half of the sliced peaches on top of batter. Pour remaining batter on top. Layer remaining sliced peaches on top of batter. Finally, sprinkle remaining Streusel on top of peaches.
- Bake at 350°F for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into cake comes out mostly clean.
- Place cake on cooling rack for at least 30 minutes before slicing.
This recipe is from our friend David at Spiced. Make sure to take a moment and admire his work! He has some amazing recipes you have to check out!