Skip to content
This delicious fresh peach pie is the perfect way to end your evening meals.
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- Two 9" unbaked pie crusts
- 8 medium peaches, sliced
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
(Optional) Instructions for Blanching:
- Gently cut an "X" on the bottom of your softened, fresh peaches, only piercing through the skin, not the flesh.
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Fill a separate, large bowl with ice water.
- Place peaches into the boiling water for 20-30 seconds. Take out of boiling water and place into ice water mixture until peaches have cooled thoroughly.
- Peel peaches starting where you cut the "X" into them. Peel until all the skin is gone from your peaches.
- Place peeled peaches into ascorbic acid or lemon juice to prevent browning while you prepare your cans.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Line a 9" pie pan with pie crust, and press the edges down with a fork.
- In a medium bowl, mix your fresh peaches, lemon juice, and melted butter.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and flour mixture; add peach mixture and mix to coat peaches.
- Pour the peach mixture into the pie crust.
- Take the second pie crust and cover the filling; lightly press down edges with a fork to seal.
- Cut the excess crust along the edge of the pan.
- Mix egg and milk - lightly coat the top crust with the egg and milk mixture.
- Cut small slits in the top crust to allow steam to escape; this will help reduce bubbles in your crust.
- Place pie pan on a baking sheet to contain any drips; bake for 15 minutes.
- Lower heat to 375°F and bake 25 minutes more, or until crust is lightly browned.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.